International Centre of Automotive Technology(ICAT) is developing a technology platform for the automotive industry called ASPIRE – Automotive Solutions Portal for Industry, Research and Education.here are five portals being developed for specific sectors by different organizations viz, BHEL for power sector equipment, HMT for machine tools, CMFTI for manufacturing technology, ICAT and ARAI for automotive sector.
ASPIRE – Automotive Solutions Portal for Industry, Research and Education
- Department of Heavy Industry (DHI), Govt of India, has embarked on a mission to promote innovation, R&D and product development in India for various sectors.
- The objective of these portals:
- Their objective is to create an ecosystem which will bring solution seekers and problem solvers together.
- These include, industry, academia, research institutes, start-ups, professionals and experts.
- The ASPIRE portal has been prepared by ICAT with the key objective of assisting Indian Automotive Industry in innovation and adoption of global technological advancements by bringing together the stakeholders from various associated avenues.
- The activities would include
- Research and Development,
- Product Technology Development,
- Technological Innovations,
- Technical and Quality Problem Resolution for the industry,
- Manufacturing and Process Technology Development,
- Hosting Challenges for Technology Development and
- Conducting market research and Technology surveys for identifying the trends in the Indian auto industry.
- The e-portal will act as a one stop solution providing a technology platform which will help to bring together the various stakeholders from the Indian auto industry.
- This will provide the necessary impetus for ushering the industry into the future with combined efforts.
- The portal is being created to develop a strong and self-reliant automotive industry in India.
- This will be in tune with the vision of Make in India and Atma-Nirbhar vision of the Government of India.