Union Minister of Finance Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman has announced the 4th edition of Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) ranking of states.
The top ten states under State Reform Action Plan 2019 are – Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan, West Bengal and Gujarat.
About ‘Business Reform Action Plan’ –
- Ranking of States is based on the implementation of BRAP started in the year 2015. Till date, State Rankings have been released for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017-18.
- The BRAP 2018-19 includes 180 reform points covering 12 business regulatory areas such as Access to Information, Single Window System, Labour, Environment, etc.
- The larger objective of attracting investments and increasing Ease of Doing Business in each State was sought to be achieved by introducing an element of healthy competition through a system of ranking states based on their performance in the implementation of Business Reform Action Plan.
- The ranking this time gives full weightage to the feedback from over thirty thousand respondents at the ground level, who gave their opinion about the effectiveness of the reforms.
- State rankings will help attract investments, foster healthy competition and increase Ease of Doing Business in each State.
- The ranking of the states are announced by the Department of Industrial Promotion and Internal Trade (DPIIT), under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.