Recently, Kala Utsav 2020 – an annual function to promote arts in education, was organised by the Ministry of Education.
Kala Utsav 2020: Key Points
- About Kala Utsav:
- Ministry Involved:Kala Utsav is an initiative of the Ministry of Education (MoE) to promote arts in education.
- This programme was initiatedunder Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA), which has now been merged with other schemes under ‘Samagra Shiksha – an integrated scheme for school education’.
- Aim:Kala Utsav aims at nurturing and showcasing the artistic talent of school students at the secondary stage in the country.
- District/State/National Level Utsavis structured as an art festival which includes performances and display of exhibits.
- In Accordance with NCF 2005:
- In the context of education of Arts (Music, Theatre, Dance, Visual Arts and Crafts), the initiative is guided by the recommendations of the National Curriculum Framework 2005(NCF-2005).
- Introduction of Indigenous Toys and Gamessegment in Kala Utsav 2020 supported the ‘Vocal for Local’
- It is in sync with the recommendations of National Education Policy 2020which emphasises the promotion of arts and culture through education.
- It complements the Samagra Shiksha Schemeby enhancing aesthetics and artistic experiences for secondary-level students, which play a major role in creating awareness of India’s rich cultural heritage and its vibrant diversity in line with ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’.
- It enhances thestudents’ reasoning, comprehensibility, problem solving, cognitive and decisive abilities, which are helpful in the all-round development of the student.